Locally made cookies.
Read the history of Nankhatai here.
- Category: Dessert Recipes, Gujarati Recipes, Recipes for Kids
- 1 cup Maida
- 1/4 Besan/gramflour
- 1/4 cup Sooji/Semolina/Rava
- 1/2 cup ghee/butter
- 1/2 cup powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Beat powdered sugar along with ghee till you get fluffy mixture.
- In another bowl mix all the dry ingredients well.
- Add the ghee and sugar mixture to it and form a soft dough. For shapes like cookies. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Bake for 20 minutes or more till golden brown in preheated oven.
- Garnish with Almond/Pista Flakes. Store Nankhatai in an airtight container.