Jambakka or Rose apple is a seasonal fruit available in South India. Pickling of Jambakka commonly used technique to store it for longer period.
- 1 kilogram Jambakka, edged and chopped length wise
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 3 dry red chillies
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons coriander seed powder
- 1/2 teaspoon hing / asafoetida
- Heat oil. Fry red chillies and garlic cloves.
- Add spice powders and roast.
- Add Jambakka pieces. Mix well.
- Cook till Jambakka pieces are soft.
- Allow to cool and store Jambakka pickle in air tight container.