Kakrol Chorchori is stir fried vegetable preparation made from spiny gourd / Kakrol in Bengali way.
- 250 grams kakrol / Spiny gourd, peeled and chopped lengthwise
- 2 medium size potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 green chillies, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Jeera powder / roasted cumin powder
- Salt, as per taste
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Heat oil. Add and fry onions till golden colour.
- Add green chillies, ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder. Saute.
- Add kakrol, potatoes, tomatoes and salt. Mix well.
- Cover and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Adjust consistency with water and continue heating till potatoes are cooked.
- Adjust taste with salt, red chilli powder and jeera powder.
- Serve Kakrol Chorchori hot with roti.