Chutney made from Tindora vegetable. It is also known as Dondakaya Pachad.
- 1 cup Tindora / Kovakkai, cut
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1 Onion (medium size)
- 5 Garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Grated coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon paste of Tamarind
- 3 Green chilli
- 3 Red chilli, fried
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- 1 tablespoon Coriander leaves
- Fry red chillies in oil and keep aside.
- To this oil, add onions, garlic, green chillies and tindora. Cook till tindora is tender.
- Add grated coconut, coriander leaves and salt. Saute for few minutes. Switch off flame.
- Once cool, grind into coarse paste along with red chillies and tamarind. Adjust salt.
- Pour hot oil and spluttering mustard seeds over chutney before serving Kovakkai Chutney