Dudhi Sabudana kheer
Dudhi Motiya Kheer or Dudhi Sabudana Kheer is a delicious dessert that uses bottle gourd, milk, and sago. It is a healthy and refreshing dish, which is very easy to digest.
- Category: Dessert Recipes, Maharashtrian Recipes
- 1 cup bottle gourd, peeled and grated
- 1 litre milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sago, soaked and drained
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon slivered almonds
- 1 teaspoon slivered pistachios
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron
- 1/2 teaspoon green cardamom powder
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- Sauté grated bottle gourd in a tbsp of ghee for 1-2 minutes.
- Add milk and bring it to boil on medium heat.
- Add soaked sago and cook until sago becomes transparent.
- Add saffron, cardamom powder and sugar and cook until sugar dissolves.
- Garnish with slivered almonds & pistachios.
- Serve Dudhi Sabudana Kheer cold.