Sweet rice preparation with flavors of spices
- 1 1/2 cups Basmati Rice, soaked in water for 10 minutes
- 4 Cloves
- 4 Cardamom pods
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 1 Bay leaf
- 5 Black pepper cons
- Few Saffron strands soaked in 1 tbsp milk
- 1/4 cup Raisins
- 1/4 cup Cashew nuts
- 4 tablespoons Sugar
- Bring water to boil. Add whole spices. Add basmati rice and cook until 3/4 rice is cooked. Drain rice and whole spices and keep aside.
- Heat sugar with 1/2 cup water till it dissolves. Add this sugar syrup to rice.
- Add raisins, cashewnut and saffron milk. Mix well and cook rice on low heat till cooked.
- Serve Meetha Pulao hot with lentil curry.