Shallow fried potato dough stuffed with beet
- Category: Bengali Recipes, Recipes for Kids, Snacks Recipes
- 3 potatoes, boiled and grated
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Oil for shallow frying
- 1 tablespoon fine semolina (suji)
- 2 teaspoons white poppy seeds (posto/khus-khus)
- 2 small red beets, peeled, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped carrot
- 2 tablespoons chopped green beans
- 2 tablespoons green peas
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon black mustard seeds
- 1 pinch cinnamon powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nigella seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Heat oil in a pan. Splutter cumin, nigella, poppy seeds, mustard, sesame and coriander seeds.
- Add green beans and carrots and stir fry till tender. Add grated beets, peas, red chilli powder, cumin powder, cinnamon powder and salt. Mix and cook for 5 minutes. Keep aside to cool.
- Mix semolina and poppy seeds. Keep aside.
- Add corn starch, salt to grated potatoes. Knead together to soft dough.
- Take a piece of dough, roll in hand. Flatten and place tbsp. of filling and close the dough.
- Roll the balls in semolina and poppy seeds to form a coat. Deep fry till golden brown on all sides.
- Serve Beet Chops with mint chutney or ketchup.