Deep fried mixed lentil fritters with spices
- 1 1/2 cups Mixed dal - split yellow moong dal, chana dal, chawli/chori dal, split urad dal, whole green mong dal
- 2 pinches Asafoetida
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Coriander Seeds, slightly crushed
- 2 tablespoons Fennel Seeds, slightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Ginger
- 4 Green Chilies
- Oil - for deep frying
- Soak dal for 4-5 hours. Grind along with green chillies, garlic, ginger into coarse paste.
- Mix spices to the batter.
- Deep fry on medium heat spoonful of batter.
- Serve along with green chutney or tamarind chutney