Aloo bhindi sabji
Okra cooked along with potatoes, onion and spices
- Category: Gujarati Recipes, Potato Recipes, Stir Fry Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
- 1 cup Okra / bhindi, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup Potato, chopped
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry mango /amchur powder
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Salt or to taste
- 2 tablespoons Fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- Stir fry onion, bindi and potatoes. Cook till potatoes are almost cooked.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and amchur powder. Stir.
- Sprinkle little water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and serve Aloo bhindi sabji hot with roti.