Kashmiri-style whole potatoes in a gravy
- Category: Curry Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Kashmiri Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Potato Recipes
- 12 dum aloo / small potatoes, boiled, peeled and pricked with fork
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch hing
- 2 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon saunth / dried ginger powder
- 2 tablespoons saunf / fennel powder
- 1 tablespoon Red chilli powder
- Heat oil. Fry potatoes will golden. Keep aside.
- Add oil and roast hing, cloves and bay leaf. Add red chilli powder, sonth and fennel powder. Stir till fragrant.
- Add yogurt and stir. Now add cup of water and bring to boil.
- Transfer potatoes into gravy. Add salt, cover and cook for 30 minutes till gravy is thick. Add garama masala and stir well.
- Serve Dum Olu hot with roti.