Green amaranth cooked in coconut gravy
- 1 bunch tender Harive Soppu/Green Amaranth Leaves, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Oil
- A spring of Curry Leaves
- 1 pinch Hing/Asafoetida
- 1 Dry Red Chilli, halved
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 2 Green chillies, slit
- 1 teaspoon Jeera/Cumin Seeds
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut grated
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Jaggary
- Blanch amaranth leaves in cup of water along with salt and jaggery.
- Grind coconut, cumin seeds and green chillies to smooth, thick paste.
- Cook coconut paste along with greens on low heat. Adjust taste with salt. Bring to boil. Simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Temper curry with hot oil, fried mustard seed, hing and red chillies.
- Serve Harive Soppu Bendi along with rice and pickle.