Dal is versatile protein rich dish in the veg kitchens in India. This recipe of Hare lehsan ki dal is blend of protein rich dal with mild flavours of seasonal vegetable – garlic greens.
- 1/2 cup tur dal
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 dried red chilly, broken
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, finely crushed
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh green garlic, chopped
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Salt, as per taste
- 1/2 cup Coriander seeds, finely chopped
- 1 pinch hing / asafoetida
- Pressure cook dal along with water. When cool, add turmeric powder and salt. Blend with hand mixer and keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter cumin seeds, hing and dried red chillies.
- Add ginger and green garlic. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked dal. Adjust taste with salt and red chilli powder.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hare lehsan ki daal along with steamed rice.