Sheem posto / Sheem paturi is stir fired flat bean recipe with typical Bengali flavours using poppy seeds. Sheem posto retains the crunchiness of flat beans while adds creamy texture of poshto / poppy seeds. It generally includes some local vegetables like potatoes, tomatoes or other seasonal vegetable.
- 250 grams Flat Green Beans , ends cut and chopped into half
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh peas / amatar
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Kalonji (Onion Nigella Seeds)
- 2 bay leaves
- Mustard oil , for cooking
- Salt , to taste
- 4 tablespoons Poppy seeds, soaked in water
- 3 Green Chilli, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds, soaked in water
- Grind poppy seeds, mustard seeds and green chillies to fine paste. Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter black cumin seeds and bay leaves.
- Add sheem / flat beans and stir fry.
- Add tomatoes and peas. Mix well.
- Add posto/poppy paste. Add salt, turmeric powder and little water. Mix well.
- Cover and cook till beans are cooked.
- Serve Sheem posto with steamed rice.