Kacche Aam Ki Kheer
Kheer is a popular dessert and often made along with different ingredients like vermicelli, rice or sago. This is a special and not so common kheer made using raw mango. Quite popular in Lucknow region in Uttar Pradesh. Enjoy this kacche aam ki kheer during mango season.
- Category: Dessert Recipes, Lakhnawi Recipes, Uttar Pradesh Recipes
- 1 liter Milk, full cream
- 1 large raw mango / kairi (dashari or totapari type)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 10 pistachio
- 10 almonds
- Peel and grate raw mango. Wash in fresh water for couple of times. Squeeze water and keep aside.
- Roast raw mango with little ghee, till slight dry and soft.
- Heat milk till it comes to boil. Simmer and reduce to half.
- Add nuts and allow the milk to cool slightly.
- Mix grated mango with reduced milk.
- Refrigerate and serve kache aam ki kheer. Garnish with dry fruits.