Gajar ka halwa using microwave
Gajar or carrots are harvested in winter. Halwa made from fresh carrots are a delicacy! This is simple version of making quick gajar halwa using microwave.
- Category: Dessert Recipes, North Indian
- 4 cups Carrots, grated
- 1 cup Khoya/mawa/milk proteins
- 3 tablespoons Ghee / clarified butter
- 2 pinches green cardamom powder
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- Handful Cashew nuts / roasted, chopped
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1/2 tablespoon Pistachios, chopped
- Microwave grated carrots in microwave safe bowl. Add ghee, cardamom powder. Mix and microwave for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar. Mix and microwave for another 3 minutes.
- Add cashewnuts, raisins and khoya. Mix and microwave for another 3 minutes.
- Garnish with nuts . Serve gajar ka halwa hot.