Dudh Chitoi Pithe
Dudh chitoi pitha is a traditional sweet and creamy Bengali dessert. This dish is one of the best comfort foods to be had in winter.
- Category: Bengali Recipes, Dessert Recipes
- 200 grams Rice flour
- 250 milliliters rice starch solution / Bhaater Maar, warm
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 250 grams Softened Nolen Gur / palm jaggery
- 2 liters milk, reduced to half
- Mix the rice flour in warm water and warm rice starch solution. Keep aside for an hour.
- Add salt, baking soda, Nolen Gur with slightly warm milk. Keep aside.
- Heat the Chitoi Pithe Mould / appam mould. Grease and pour batter. Cover and cook for 5 mn.
- Remove from moulds and soak in sweetened milk for 30-40 minutes. Enjoy Dudh Chitoi Pithe!