Sweet rice dish made with jaggery
- 1 cup Raw rice
- 1/3 cup Ghee
- 1/4 cup Coconut pieces, thinly sliced and ghee roasted
- 2 cups Jaggery
- 2 tablespoons Cashews, raisins.
- 1/2 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- Pressure cook rice with water such that they are slightly overcooked.
- Make jaggery syrup by heating jaggery in water. Bring to boil. Add cooked rice. Stir.
- When water has evaporated, add ghee, cardamom powder and coconut pieces..
- Garnish with cashews and raisins. Serve Sharkara Payasam hot.