Assamese cuisine made from dried banana peels and spinach
- 3 cups Spinach, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Koda Khar (obtained by burning sun dried banana peel or baking soda as substitute)
- 4 tablespoons Tur dal, soaked for half hour
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 3 cloves, Garlic
- 3 Green Chilly
- Salt-to taste
- Heat oil. Stir fry garlic and green chillies.
- Add soaked dal and spinach. Cook till spinach is cooked.
- Add Khar, salt and little water.
- Cook covered till dal is soft and gravy consistency.
- Serve Paleng Xaakor Khar hot along with rice.