Green Broad beans or Ghevda as known in Marathi is available during months of August and September. In Maharashtra, it is generally made on Saturday of holy month of Shravan. This stir fried recipe – Shravan Ghevdyachi Bhaji – is nutritious and tasty.
- 2 cups Shravan ghevada / fresh lima beans, beans seperated and outer greens chopped
- 1 onion, large, choppped
- 1 teaspoon ajwain seeds / carom seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon hing
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh coconut, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt, as taste
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala / spice mix
- Heat oil. Splutter cumin seeds and ajwain seeds.
- Add hing and garlic. Saute.
- Add chopped onions and cook till it changes color.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garama masala. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add ghevda and salt. Mix well.
- Add little water. Cover and cook till ghevda is cooked.
- Add grated coconut and mix well.
- Serve Shravan ghevdyachi bhaji with chapati.