Papdi Dhokli is an all-time favorite for Gujarati people. This one pot meal made from field beans, is generally made during winters when fresh lilva papdi is available in market.
- 1 cup wheat flour / atta
- 2 teaspoons red chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon haldi powder
- 1 teaspoon ajwain seeds / carom seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon hing / asafoetida
- salt as taste
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1/3 cup green garlic / lilva lasan
- 1 green chilly, minced
- fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 cup surti papdi
- Knead flour with 2sp oil, turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder and ajwain seeds into dough with required water to make thick dough.
- Roll a piece of douugh into round rotis.
- Cut rotis into required shapes (diamonds). Keep aside.
- Heat oil. Splutter ajwain and hing.
- Add green garlic, green garlic and turmeric powder.
- Add beans / surti papdi. Mix well
- Add 2 cup water. Add Salt and red chilli powder.Bring to boil.
- Add dhokli and mix well.
- Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles.
- Serve papdi dhokli with little ghee.