Simple and flavorful dish from Kerala prepared with raw banana
- Category: Dinner Recipes, Lunch Recipes, Malayali Recipes, Stir Fry Recipes
- 2 Raw banana, peeled and cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons Coconut oil
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 10 Shallots - peeled
- 2 Red Chilli
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Curry leaves - a sprig
- Salt as needed
- Grind shallots, garlic and red chilli into very coarse mixture and keep aside.
- Boil raw banana in water along with turmeric powder and salt. Cook till just soft. Strain and keep cooked cubes aside.
- Stir fry banana cubes in coconut oil along with mustard seeds, curry leaves, masala mixture. Adjust taste with salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat.
- Serve Vazhakka Mezhukkupuratti hot with rice