Coconut milk is very good alternative to make icecream in case you are looking for vegan icecream. It tastes quite rich and creamy. This recipe is coconut milk icecream with flavours of chocolate, cinnamon and coffee. The 4C icecream (coconut, chocolate, cinnamon, coffee) as you may also want to call it :)
- How to make coconut milk: Take cup of fresh coconut, cut into pieces. Combine it with 2 cups of water and blend it smooth. Pour the blended mixture over a bowl covered with cotton or muslin cloth. Squeeze the juice with your hands and what you get in the bowl is coconut milk.
- It is little difficult to blend the dates. Make sure you remove the seeds from the dates before blending. Take small portion of Coconut Milk and dates in the blender and blend it first.
- Sugar or jaggery can be used instead of dates
- 1/2 liter Coconut Milk
- 250 grams Dates, or as per taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Coffee powder
- 5 drops Vanila Essence
- Keep the Coconut Milk in the fridge for around 15-20 minutes.
- Then blend all the ingredients in the blender and blend it till it becomes smooth.
- Once they have blended well together, put the remaining coconut milk and vanilla essence in the blender and blend again.
- Pour the mixture in an air tight container and put it in the refrigerator for around 6 hours.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and blend it again in the blender to form a smooth textured mixture. Put it back in the refrigerator and let it freeze.
- Garnish it with chocolate sauce while serving if you wish to.
- Your guilt free vegan Coconut milk and dates chocolate ice cream is ready!