Karot akhabi bora are simple fritters from bittermelon made in Manipur.
- 5 bittermelon / karo akhabi, scraped and sliced and soaked in salted water
- 1 cup Besan
- 1/2 teaspoon Jeera powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Squeeze and remove water from bittermelon. Keep aside to dry.
- Make batter by mixing besan with jeera powder, turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt with little water at a time to make thick paste.
- Heat oil for frying.
- Dip bittermelon slices in batter and deep fry till golden on all sides.
- Serve Karot akhabi bora with chutney of your choice.