Jackfruit seeds cooked in a spicy sauce
- Category: Curry Recipes, Malayali Recipes
- 1 cup Jackfruit seeds, peeled and cut into half
- 1 Onion, medium sized thinly sliced
- 1 Tomato , medium sized thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Ginger garlic paste
- Tamarind, small lemon sized soaked in hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon Chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons Coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 5 Shallots, thinly sliced
- Few Curry leaves
- Pressure cook all ingredients except mustard seeds, shallots and curry leaves for three whistles.
- Heat oil into a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add shallots and curry leaves and fry for few seconds.
- Pour this seasoning over the dish. Mix well.
- Serve Chakkarkuru mulakittathu with rice.