Shogo Shabril is simply filling wrapped in mashed potato – like a Tibetan version of shepards pie. This is vegetarian version of Tibetan Shogo Shabril with peas and spices.
- 3 large potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- 1 cup fresh green peas, boiled and mashed
- 1 small onion – diced
- 3 garlic pods, minched
- 1 piece ginger, inch long minced
- 1/4 cup spring onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Emma / Yer ma / Sichuan pepper
- Oil for Deep frying
- Heat a tbsp oil and fry onion, garlic aand ginger. Saute till colour changes.
- Add peas and season with Sichuan pepper, pepper powder and salt. Mix and saute till all blends well.
- Add chopped spring onions. Mix well. Keep filling aside.
- Knead potato mash with 1/4 cup breadcrumbs and salt into soft dough.
- Take a portion of potato dough, flatten on plam and add spoonful of filling in center. Close the dough edges into barrel / cylindrical shape. Roll these over breadcrumbs and keep aside.
- Deep fry all shapes in hot oil till golden brown on all sides.
- Serve Shogo Shabril with sauce.