Dal bati is a traditional dish found in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and parts of Maharashtra. Khandeshi Varan Batti is variant of the same in Khandesh region in Maharashtra.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Rawa
- 3 teaspoons dahi
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon soda
- 1 teaspoon ajwain seeds
- 3 teaspoons ghee
- Serve Batti hot along with dal (varan).
- Mix flour, rawa, salt, soda, ajwain seeds, turmeric seeds, dahi and ghee. Mix well.
- Add required water to make a thick dough.
- Allow dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- Take small round pieces of dough and roll into flat roti shape. Apply ghee and make rolls.
- Make round shapes of these rolls and keep aside.
- Steam bati pieces in a steamer for 10-15 minutes.
- Once cool, cut to desired shape.
- Deep fry on low / medium flame in ghee till crispy.