An alternate version of Gongura chutney using sun wilted sorrel leaves.
- 1 large bunch, Red Sorrel leaves, washed and sun wilted for 1-2 days, keep long strands
- 1 Onion, large size, finely chopped
- 15 small Garlic pods
- 4 Red chillies
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons Urad dal
- 1 tablespoon Chana dal
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Salt to taste
- 3 1/2 tablespoons Oil
- Heat oil. Crackle mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, till dal is crispy.
- Add red chillies, garlic, onions. Saute until onions turn brown on edges.
- Now add soft and dry sorrel leaves/ gongura. Stir fry until leaves are cooked.
- Adjust taste salt and red chili powder. Refrigerate and store.
- Serve Talimpu Gongura as side dish.