Street food by mixing potatoes and lentils with tangy sauces.
- Category: Salad Recipes, Snacks Recipes, Uttar Pradesh Recipes
- 4 Potatoes
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 Potatoes, peeled, boiled
- 1 cup Kabuli chana, soaked and boiled
- 1/2 cup Onion (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup Sev
- 2 cups Yogurt
- Sweet Tamarind chutney
- Green Chutney
- 1/4 cup Pomegranate seeds
- 1 pinch Pomegranate seed powder
- Black salt powder
- cumin seed powder
- chat masala
- Salt to taste
- Grate big potatoes in ice cold water. Drain and allow them to dry. Deep fry by placing them in strainer till crispy brown. Keep aside.
- Stuff baskets with mashed boiled potatoes, kabuli chana and chopped onion.
- Beat yogurt along with 1/2 tsp of cumin seed powder, red chilly powder and salt. Pour this yogurt over the stuffed tokris.
- Garnish along with sev, sweet tamarind chutney, green chutney, some more chopped onion, chat masala, pomegranate seeds and chopped cilantro. Tokri Chaat is ready to be served.