Pithla is an authentic main course recipe from interior Maharasthra. It is made quickly with simple ingredients and often served with bhakri /jowar roti. Seasonal veggies and spices are often added to this basic pithla to provide twist. This recipe of Lasnicha Pithla is spiced with mild flavors of green garlic.
- 4 tablespoons besan / gram flour
- 1/4 cup dahi / curd
- 1/2 cup garlic greens and stalks, finely chopped (6 garlic cloves, if not available)
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 piece ginger, inch long finely chopped
- Coriander leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 pinch hing / asafoetida
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Whisk besan along with curd, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt. Avoid lump formation. Keep side.
- Grind garlic green, ginger and green chillies to fine paste.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds and asafoetida.
- Add garlic paste and saute.
- Add besan batter and keep stirring continuously till besan thickens.
- Cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve Lasnicha Pithla with jowar bhakri / rice.