Chow Chow Kootu
Curry made from chayote
- Category: Curry Recipes, Stir Fry Recipes, Tamil Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
- 1 Chow Chow (chayote), peeled and cut in peices
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 2 Sambar Onion
- 1/2 cup Green Gram dal
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Sambar powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Curry leaves – few
- Pressure cook green gram with little turmeric powder till soft.
- Cook Chow chow with water enough to cover the vegetables. Bring to boil. Add sambhar powder, turmeric powder and salt. cook till soft.
- Season with hot oil and fried mustard seeds, curry leaves and chopped onion.