Breakfast dish served from Tamil Nadu
- Category: Breakfast Recipes, Tamil Recipes
- 1 cup Puttu flour
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 2 tablespoons Onion Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Bengal Gram Dal
- 1 teaspoon Urad dal
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Green Chillies chopped
- Curry leaves – few
- 1 pinch Asafoetida Powder
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt or as per taste
- Mix puttu flour with salt and pour cut of hot water. Mix well and cover for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat oil. Splutter mustard seeds, Bengal gram and urad dal till golden brown. Add chopped onion, green chillies, curry leaves, asafoetida.
- Add the puttu flour and mix well. Adjust taste with salt and lemon juice.
- Serve Kara Puttu along with pickle.