Thick puréed spinach seasoned with paneer, garlic and spices
Photo Credit – Andrew Massey
- 500 grams Palak, chopped and washed
- 200 grams Paneer
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 2 teaspoons Ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 4 cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam Masala
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- 2 tablespoons cream
- Ghee roast paneer cubes. Keep aside.
- Boil spinach/palak with little water for 5 minutes.
- Transfer cooked palak to ice cool water to avoid decolouring.
- Strain and grind palak to puree.
- Heat oil. Fry ginger garlic paste, cumin seeds and cloves. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Add tomato and paneer puree and cook till oil separates.
- Add cream and mix well. Add fried paneer pieces. Simmer for for five minutes.
- Serve hot palak paneer with roti or rice.