Bikna Vade are delicious patties prepared with jackfruit seeds, coconut, tamarind and jaggery. It is a sweet, tangy and spicy dish that goes well with rice.
- 12 Jackfruit seeds, pressure cooked
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen Coconut
- 5 Red chillies
- A small piece of Tamarind
- 1 teaspoon Coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon Jaggery
- Heat a little oil and fry coriander seeds.
- Grind them with coconut, red chillies, tamarind, jaggery, salt, with very little water.
- Add jackfruit seeds and grind coarsely.
- Make small balls out of the mixture, roll them in rava, press them to make patty shape and fry both sides on hot tava.
- Serve Bikna Vade hot as side dish with rice.