Traditional Bengali food made from flowers of moringa / drumstick tree. Moringa is considered superfood and nutrient dense. Read more about health benefits of moringa.
- 3 cups Sojne Phul/ fresh moringa flowers, washed with water and dried
- 1 potato medium sized peeled and cubed
- 3 onions, medium sized chopped
- 5 green chillies, grinded to paste
- 2 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds, soaked for 10 minutes and grinded to paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kalo Jira / Black Onion Seeds
- Salt as per taste
- 4 tablespoons Mustard Oil
- Heat oil. Splutter kalo Jira. Add green chillies and onion and saute till onions are golden.
- Add potatoes. Stir and cook covered till potatoes are half done.
- Add Sojne Phul, turmeric powder and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add Posto paste and mix well. Add water to adjust consistency. Add salt as per taste.
- Cover and simmer till water is dried up and potatoes are cooked.
- Serve sojne fuler posto along with hot steamed rice.