Spinach cooked with coconut and yogurt in Palakkad way
- 400 grams Spinach
- 1/2 cup Coconut
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 4 Dried Red Chillies
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Fenugreek Seeds
- Add spinach in a pot with cup of warm water. Let it wilt and cook for a few minutes.
- Once cook, grind into smooth paste.
- Grind the coconut and red chillies along with some of the yogurt to a fine paste.
- Add the spinach, coconut paste and the rest of the yogurt back to the pot.
- Heat till it starts to boil. Simmer for a couple of minutes and switch off.
- In another pan, heat oil. Temper mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, and broken red chillies. Transfer this to curry.
- Serve as a side dish for rice