Peppery beaten rice cooked along with peas
- Category: Breakfast Recipes, Rice Recipes, Snacks Recipes, Uttar Pradesh Recipes
- 1 cup thick poha
- 1/4 cup Fresh milk
- 3/4 cup green peas
- 2 teaspoons groundnut oil
- 1 green chili, slit lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped coriander leaves
- Wash poha. Drain and soak in milk for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil. Splutter cumin seeds, green chili and shredded ginger. Saute for a minute.
- Add green peas, sugar, salt and garam masala. Mix well. Cook till peas are done.
- Add soaked poha, coriander leaves and ground pepper. Mix well. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve Chooda matar hot. Add ghee and lemon juice if required.