Eromba means dish made from mashed boiled vegetables along with chillies and are simplest cuisines of Meitei people from Manipur. Yongchak Eromba is a tribal food from Manipur made from stinky beans – a local bean variety. The dish is incomplete without Ngari /fermented fish. This is vegetraian version of the dish.
- Category: Manipuri Recipes, Potato Recipes, Vegetable Recipes
- 2 Yongchak / stinky beans or monkey beans
- 5 green chillies
- 3 potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup spring onion, chopped
- Cleaning yongchak is tedious process. The skin needs to be scraped and sides cut.
- Pressure cook yongchak, red chillies and potatoes.
- Once cooked, peel outer skin of yongchak.
- Mash chillies and potatoes together.
- Add cleaned yongchak beans. Adjust consistency with water and taste with salt. Mix well.
- Add spring onion and mix well.
- Serve Yongchak eromba as side dish.