Variation of normal curd curry served for fasting days made from various fasting ingredients including water chestnut flour, curd, fox nut, peanut and spices.
- 1/2 kilogram curd
- 2 tablespoons water chestnut flour / shinghada ata
- 1/2 cup soaked peanut
- 1 potato, large boiled, cubed
- 1 cup fox nut/ makhana
- Rock salt, as per taste
- 2 teaspoons ginger and green chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons ghee/ clarified butter
- Coriander for garnish
- Mix singhada flour, salt and curd. Keep aside.
- Heat ghee. Fry makhana till crisp. Keep aside.
- Add more ghee and crackle cumin seeds, ginger and green chili paste. Stir
- Add potato, soaked peanuts and some water. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add curd mixture, black pepper powder and makhana.
- Adjust consistency with water. Continue heating for 5 minutes
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve aloo makhana kadhi with Rajgira roti and salad.