Chikki is a traditional Indian sweet (brittle) generally made from nuts and jaggery/sugar. This variety uses makhana / fox nut to make chikki. It is also known as Makhana patti in Bihar and parts of Uttar Pradesh.
- 2 cups makhana seeds
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 3/4 cup jaggery
- Roast makhana till crispy. Keep aside.
- Make jaggery syrup by heating jaggery in ghee.
- Add makhana and mix well.
- While hot, flatten the mixture in form of sheet. Cut to desired shapes and allow to cool.
- Store makhana chikki in airtight container.