Paneer cooked in nutty cashew nut gravy
- 150 grams paneer, diced in cubes
- 1 small onion grated fine
- 1 medium tomato grated fine
- 8 cashewnuts
- 2 chopped green chilies
- 1 tablespoon kashsmiri red chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon kasoori methi
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons oil
- Grind cashew nuts with water to make fine paste.
- Heat oil and add cumin seed. Add grated onion and fry till light brown. Add the ginger-garlic paste and fry for 1 minute.
- Add the cashew-nut paste and the green chilies and fry for little while.
- Add grated tomatoes,cumin powder and fry for 3-4 mins.
- Add kashmiri chili powder and stir for 1 minute
- Add milk and cook for few minutes. Add water and bring it to a boil.
- When the gravy is thick, add paneer cubes, salt and cook.
- Add kasoori methi towards the end.
- Serve hot along with parathas.