Chole Katlambe is street food in Dehradun. Katlambe is deep fried flat bread with layers of ghee rolled into it. Katlambe has origins in Peshawar and brought over to India by Balochi refugees. Just like Bhatura, Chole katlambe is popular street food.
- Maida / All purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 250 grams chana, boiled
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seed powder
- 1/2 teaspoon amchur powder
- 1 teaspoon chana masala
- Cumin seeds
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 green chillies, slit
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Heat oil. Splutter cumin seeds.
- Add spice powders and chana. Mix well.
- Add onions and green chillies. Adjust consistency with water.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. Keep aside.
- Knead maida with ghee and little water at a time to make soft dough.
- Take a piece of dough and roll into flat roti. Apply ghee, roll over edges. Make round shape and again roll into flat bread. Repeat this twice to make layers of dough.
- Deep fry maida katlambe till golden on both sides.
- Serve Chole katlambe hot with cut onion and lemon.