Aakakara kaya pachhadi is pickle made from seasonal spiny gourd vegetable in Telugu way.
- 250 grams Kakrol / aakakarakaya, chopped into pieces
- 1/2 cup white sesame seeds, powdered
- 1 teaspoon jeera powder
- 1 cup red chilli powder
- 2 dry red chillies
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 15 garlic cloves
- Heat oil and fry aakakara kaya / spiny gourd. Keep aside.
- In same oil, splutter cumin seeds and dry red chillies.
- Add and fry garlic cloves.
- Add hot oil to spiny gourd.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, jeera powder and white sesame powder. Mix well.
- Store Aakakara kaya pachhadi in air tight container