Made with rajgira seeds and jaggery, the rajgira chikki is a delectable treat for everyone’s taste buds. The sweetness of the jaggery combined with the nutty taste of the amaranth seeds makes this dish a favorite among adults and kids alike.
- Category: Recipes for Kids, Snacks Recipes, West India
- 1 cup popped rajgira/amaranth seeds
- 1/2 cup grated jaggery
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Prepare a jaggery syrup by heating grated jaggery along with water on medium heat. Continue heating till jaggery melt. Remove from heat and strain syrup to remove impurities.
- Heat syrup on low heat until the syrup thickens, darkens to desired consistency
- Add the popped rajgira seeds to the syrup and mix thoroughly.
- Transfer the mixture over greased surface and roll it with the help of a rolling pin.
- Cut into desired shape. Enjoy Rajgira chikki as a snack.