A powerhouse of nutrients, rajgira aloo puri is a very delicious and easy to make dish that is usually consumed during fasts. It is prepared using amaranth flour and potato and can be served with curd or raita.
- 2 cups rajgira / amaranth flour
- 2 potatoes, medium boiled and mashed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- In a large bowl, mix together rajgira flour, mashed potatoes, cumin seeds and salt.
- Little by little, add water and knead the mixture into a tight dough.
- Cover and rest the dough for half hour..
- Divide the dough into small balls and roll them with your hands to form puris.
- Heat oil and deep fry the puris one by one, until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve rajgira aloo puri hot.