Teppla Ambat is popular curry recipe in Konkan region and North Karnataka. It is made from local vegetables cooked with coconut and local herbs including Teppal / Sichuan pepper.
- Category: Curry Recipes, Goan Recipes, Konkani Recipes, Mangalorean Recipes
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 2 dry red chillies
- 10 Teppal / sichuan pepper, soaked in water and then crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/3 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 piece, Ginger inch long, grated
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup fresh grated coconut
- 1 drumstick, cut in inch long pieces
- 2 pieces Kokum
- 1 potato, cubed
- Pressure cook drumstick and potatoes. Keep aside.
- Grind coconut with red chillies, coriander seeds and turmeric powder along with little water to coarse paste.
- Heat little oil in pan. To this add ground paste, tomatoes, kokum, ginger, green chillies, sichuan pepper/teppal and cooked vegetables.
- Bring to boil. Adjust consistency with water and taste with salt.
- Serve Teppla Ambat with rice.