Mangane is a Goan sweet dish prepared with split gram, coconut, jaggery and nuts. It is usually prepared during the festival seasons.
- 1 cup Chana dal / split gram
- 1 cup jaggery
- 1 whole coconut, scraped (extract 1 cup thick and 2 cups thin coconut milk)
- Cashew nuts, hanful
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Pressure cook chana dal and cashew nuts for 3-4 whistles.
- Once cooked, add thin coconut milk and jaggery and boil for 5 minutes.
- Add thick coconut milk, a pinch of salt and cardamom powder. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve Mangane hot or cold.