Patol er Tarkari is a Bengali dish prepared with pointed gourd (parwal), potatoes and spices. It pairs perfectly with plain rice.
- 6 Parwal, peeled and cut into halves
- 1 Tomato, medium size cut into small cubes
- 1 Potato, big sized cut into halves
- 1/2 cup Mustard / Refined oil
- 3 Green chili, slit
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/3 teaspoon Garam masala powder (cinnamon, green cardamom powder)
- 1/3 teaspoon Red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder
- 1 pinch Sugar as per taste
- Salt as per taste
- Fry parwal and potatoes separately, adding salt and turmeric powder
- In the remaining oil add onion seeds, green chili, sugar and a paste of red chili, cumin powder and turmeric powder.
- Add a cup of water, fried parwal and potato and salt.
- Bring to a boil and sprinkle garam masala powder.
- Switch off the flame and cover the pan for a few minutes.
- Serve Patol er Tarkari with plain rice.