Puranachi Dinda are steamed sweet parcels stuffed with jaggery and Gram dal. It is usually prepared as an offering to snakes on Naag Panchami in the month of Shravan.
- Category: Dessert Recipes, Maharashtrian Recipes, Snacks Recipes
- 1 cup chana dal, washed and pressure cooked.
- 1 cup grated jaggery
- 1 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg powder
- 2 cups wheat flour
- Salt to taste
- 2 -3 tbsp oil
- Knead dough by combining wheat flour, salt and oil and keep aside for 20 minutes.
- Add jaggery to cooked and mashed chana dal and cook on medium heat.
- Once cooked, add cardamom and nutmeg powder.
- Roll the dough into small discs and place a spoonful of dal mixture on it.
- Fold the four sides of the poori to form a square shape and steam in a steamer.
- Serve hot Puranachi Dinda with pure ghee.