Fried crispy savoury snack made from rice flour.
Drann is popular food for religious festival Shivratri.
- Category: Kashmiri Recipes, Recipes for Kids, Rice Recipes, Snacks Recipes
- 500 grams rice flour
- 100 grams walnut, boiled and washed
- 1/2 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1/3 teaspoon hing / asafoetida
- 1 teaspoon ajwain seeds
- Salt as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Boil walnuts for a minute. Wash with water and place in lukewarm salted water.
- Mix flour along with chilli powder, cumin seeds, asafoetida and ajwain.
- Use walnut water to knead mixture into dough. Rest for few minutes.
- Take orange sized ball of dough and roll into 5-7 mm thick flat bread.
- Bake on hot tawa / skillet from both sides and tear into small diamond shapes.
- Deep fry in hot oil. Drain excess oil. Cool and store in air tight container.
- Enjoy Drann with hot Kashmiri chai