Dadpe Pohe is a delicious Maharashtrian breakfast or evening snack, prepared using flattened rice, coconut and a few spices. Except for the tempering part, this dish does not involve any cooking.
- 1 cup thin flattened rice flakes (Poha)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons shredded fresh coconut
- Coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 -3 green chilies, finely chopped
- Few curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon asafetida
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Roasted peanuts
- Combine poha, onion, coriander leaves, shredded coconut, lemon juice and salt in a bowl.
- Prepare a tempering by adding mustard seeds in hot oil.
- Once the seeds start popping, add asafetida, curry leaves, green chilies and turmeric powder.
- Pour this tempering over poha mixture.
- Add roasted peanuts and mix well.
- Cover Dadpe Pohe for 10 minutes and the serve with tea or coffee .